You will need this licence if you intend to undertake commercial fishing in a miscellaneous fishery. Miscellaneous fisheries include:
- species that are not in management arrangements of existing commercial fisheries
- specialised fisheries
- fisheries involving multiple types of fishing gear.
Species within the miscellaneous fishery include:
- sea urchins
- native oyster
- giant crab
- Australian Salmon
- beachcast seagrass and macro-algae
- Eyre golden perch
- Welch's grunter
- Barcoo grunter.
There are currently no new licences being issued in the Miscellaneous Fishery and licences are non-transferrable.
Licence applicants are also required to register:
- any boat or device used under this licence
- a person as a master of any boat used under this licence.