Offshore Mineral Exploration Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to explore for minerals in coastal waters. Licence holders are authorised to:

  • explore for minerals in the licence area
  • take samples of minerals in the licence area.

Coastal waters are the first three nautical miles of the territorial sea from the baseline (the low watermark). Licences are granted over a specific licence area (constituted by blocks).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


4 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Administering agency

Department for Energy and Mining

Mineral Resources Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.