Offshore Mineral Retention Licence - South Australia


You will need to apply for this licence if you hold an exploration licence and intend to retain rights over an area in coastal waters.

Coastal waters are the first three nautical miles of the territorial sea from the baseline (the low watermark). A Retention Licence is granted over a particular area (constituted by blocks).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the council for more information.


Administering agency

Department for Energy and Mining

Mineral Resources Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.