On Premises Liquor Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to sell liquor to be consumed on licensed premises. You will also be entitled to sell liquor to a resident of the premises for consumption on or off the premises.

This licence may be suitable for businesses and venues such as:

  • night clubs
  • cinemas or theatres
  • sporting arenas
  • limousines or buses
  • ships or boats
  • airport bars.

Please contact the agency for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to have persons within your business who hold a position of authority (e.g. director, manager, shareholder) approved as part of your application.

Please contact the agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fees are listed on the attached document.
Apply Licence All Your annual fees will vary depending on your licence conditions.

Lodgement process


You will need to lodge your completed application with:

  • a community impact submission demonstrating the grant of the licence is in the interest of the community
  • two floor plans of the premises
  • a copy of the lease agreement, landlord permission, or certificate of title
  • a capacity assessment from your local council, a private certifier, or a registered architect
  • supporting documentation if you are applying as a partnership, company, or trust.


This licence may be transferred.

Additional information

You will need to specify the hours you intend to sell liquor for consumption on the premises. You may sell liquor to resident of the premises at any time.

You will need to specify the capacity of your premises, being the maximum number of people you intend to allow on the premises at any one time, not the maximum capacity of the building. You cannot have more people on your premises at any one time than what is stated on your liquor licence. Vessels and Vehicles need not specify capacity.

You will need to have a responsible person supervising the premises at all times that the premises is open for trade. A responsible person is:

  • the licensee
  • a director of the licensee (where the licensee is a company)
  • a person approved by the Commissioner as a responsible person.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Liquor and Gaming

Consumer and Business Services

Operating address: 91 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1719
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 13 18 82
Email: liquorandgaming@sa.gov.au
Website: Consumer and Business Services (Opens in new window)