Outdoor Dining Permit - City of Unley - South Australia


You will need this permit to place furniture on a public road outside your restaurant or cafe for the purpose of outdoor dining. A public road is any road or land owned or controlled by your local council and includes the footpath.

Furniture includes:

  • tables
  • chairs
  • umbrellas
  • planter boxes
  • heaters
  • any other similar articles.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will be required to have public liability insurance for a minimum of $20 million.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Renew Application All

Renewed outdoor dining permit - rental per square metre of public land per week:

  • application fee for administration (excluding a development application - $79.80) - $0.00
  • defined retail precincts with liquor - $1.00
  • defined retail precincts without liquor - $0.60
  • other commercial areas with liquor - $0.95
  • other commercial areas without liquor - $0.50
  • residential areas with liquor - $0.75
  • residential areas without liquor - $0.45.

Fees for 2022-23

Administering agency

City of Unley

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.