Permit to Interfere with a Historic Shipwreck or Relic - South Australia


You will need a permit to conduct certain activities in relation to underwater cultural heritage. This may include directly or indirectly damaging, destroying, interfering with or removing a historic shipwreck or relic. Activities refer to both commercial and residential development, field research, or any other action which may cause damage.

You will also need this permit to moor a boat, or conduct underwater activities, within a protected zone. A protected zone may be declared over historic shipwrecks that are considered to be highly significant or at an elevated risk of damage.

There are three protected zones in South Australian waters:

  • Zanoni
  • South Australian
  • Ex-HMAS Hobart.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for information on fees to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information