Permit to Keep Eggs of Protected Animals - South Australia


You will need this permit if you want to keep the non-fertile hard-shelled eggs of a protected animal. This permit applies only to the eggs of animals listed as basic in the legislation and to specialist species (native animals that are not unprotected, exempt or basic).

You will need a separate permit if you want to sell the eggs of a protected animal.

Please contact the agency for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

 You must maintain a protected animal's record book and submit an annual fauna stock return 14 days after the expiry of your permit.


One year


30 June


No fees apply.

Application process


You must complete the application form and submit it to the agency.


Permits are not transferable.

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Fauna Permit Unit

Department for Environment and Water

Operating address: Ground Floor
81 - 95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1782
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 08 8124 4972