Permit to Move, Keep or Sell Certain Classes of Animals - South Australia


This permit is required for the keeping, movement or sale of certain exotic animals eg water buffalo (does not currently include ostriches and other birds) which are a potential threat to agriculture, the environment or public safety.

Anyone dealing with animals must have a firm understanding of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act and Regulations.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As designated.


Variable; please contact the Agency

Act(s) name

Natural Resources Management Act 2004 South Australia

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regions, SA

Biosecurity SA

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Biosecurity SA

Mailing address: GPO Box 1671
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 0882077900
Fax: 0883039555
Website: (Opens in new window)