You will require a certificate of compliance when you carry out plumbing work in South Australia.
A Plumbing certificate of compliance provides evidence:
- that the plumber who has completed the work is appropriately licensed.
- that the completed work is safe and complies with necessary regulations, rules and standards.
- of the extent and nature of the completed plumbing work.
Certificates of compliance must be provided to your customer and submitted online to the Office of the Technical Regulator via the electronic Certificate of Compliance website within seven days of completing the plumbing work.
Plumbers are not required to submit a certificate of compliance for the following work:
- changing tap washers
- clearing blocked sanitary drainage pipework not exceeding 50mm in diameter
- replacing, altering, repairing, maintaining or disconnecting domestic tapware.