After a plumbing tradesperson completes work on a property, they must issue an electronic certificate of compliance for the work carried out.
A plumbing certificate of compliance provides evidence:
- that the plumber who has completed the work is appropriately licensed
- that the completed work has been tested, is safe and complies with necessary regulations, rules and standards
- of the extent and nature of the completed plumbing work.
Certificates of compliance must be provided and submitted online to the Office of the Technical Regulator via the electronic Certificate of Compliance website within seven days of completing the plumbing work.
Plumbers may not need to submit a certificate of compliance for the following work:
- changing tap washers
- clearing blocked drains
- installing domestic tapware
- installing stormwater systems.