Prescribed Entertainment Consent - South Australia


You will need prescribed entertainment consent if you intend to host entertainment at a licensed venue that either:

  • is sexually explicit in nature
  • involves boxing or martial arts.

Prescribed entertainment consent will only be granted if the entertainment is consistent with liquor licensing objectives, such as the safe and responsible consumption of liquor, and is not likely to give undue offence to persons in the vicinity of the entertainment.

Please contact the agency for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


The duration of the prescribed entertainment.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $631.00

Application process


You will need to submit your completed application with a floor plan or photo of the venue outlining where the entertainment will occur directly with the agency.


This licence cannot be transferred.

Additional information

If you already have prescribed entertainment consent and want to change the area or hours the entertainment will be hosted, you will need to apply for new consent.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Liquor and Gaming

Consumer and Business Services

Operating address: 91 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1719
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 13 18 82
Website: Consumer and Business Services (Opens in new window)