You will need to notify the agency if you intend to:
- install or maintain a radioactive substance or a device that contains a radioactive substance
- sell or install a registrable device and after the sale or installation becomes aware the registrable device the person has sold or installed has a defect
- sell and deliver a mobile registrable device
- install a registrable device at any premises
- sell a registered sealed radioactive source.
Devices containing radioactive substances include registrable devices that produce an equivalent dose rate of ionising radiation exceeding 1 microsievert per hour at a distance of 0.1 metre from any accessible surface of the apparatus.