You will need this registration if you intend to operate an item of plant in South Australia. An item of plant means an item of machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement or tool, or any component or fitting of those items.
The purpose of registering an item of plant is to ensure that it is inspected by a competent person that it is safe to operate.
The following items of plant are required to be registered:
- boilers with a hazard level of A, B or C according to Australian standard AS 4343: 2014
- pressure vessels with a hazard level of A, B or C according to Australian standard AS 4343: 2014, except gas cylinders, LP gas fuel vessels for automotive use and serial produced vessels
- tower cranes
- lifts, escalators and moving walkways
- building maintenance units
- concrete placing units (truck mounted with boom)
- mobile cranes with a safe working load exceeding 10 tonnes
- some amusement devices.