You will need to register for work injury insurance cover if you operate a business that employs workers in South Australia.
If you are self-employed or employ independent contractors, you may come under the definition of prescribed class of worker and will still need to register. Classes of work include:
- building work
- cleaning work
- driving a motor vehicle for the purpose of transporting goods
- driving a taxi-cab for the purpose of transporting people
- performing as an entertainer
- performing work as an outworker where that work is governed by an award or industrial agreement applying to outworkers
- work of a minister, priest or other member of a religious order.
You will need to register within 14 days of employing workers.