Registration of Employers - South Australia


You will need to register for work injury insurance cover if you operate a business that employs workers in South Australia.

If you are self-employed or employ independent contractors, you may come under the definition of prescribed class of worker and will still need to register. Classes of work include:

  • building work
  • cleaning work
  • driving a motor vehicle for the purpose of transporting goods
  • driving a taxi-cab for the purpose of transporting people
  • performing as an entertainer
  • performing work as an outworker where that work is governed by an award or industrial agreement applying to outworkers
  • work of a minister, priest or other member of a religious order.

You will need to register within 14 days of employing workers.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You must register if you will pay your workers more than $14,920 in total for the 2023-24 financial year. If one of your workers is injured at work, you must report the injury, register and pay the minimum premium.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Administering agency


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.