You will need to register plant designs if you intend to operate or design any items of plant.
- any type of machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement and tool
- any component of those things
- anything fitted or connected to any of those things.
Plant designs which require registration are:
- pressure equipment, other than pressure piping categorised as hazard level A, B, C, D using AS4343:2005
- gas cylinders covered by AS 2030:2009
- tower cranes
- lifts, escalators and moving walkways
- building maintenance units
- hoists that are designed to lift people and have a platform movement in excess of 2.4m,other than scissor elevating work platforms
- work boxes that are suspended from cranes
- amusement structures covered by AS 3533, other than Class 1 structures
- passenger ropeways
- concrete placement units with delivery booms
- prefabricated scaffolding
- boom-type elevating work platforms
- gantry cranes with a safe working load exceeding 5 tonnes or designed to handle molten metal or Schedule 10 hazardous chemicals
- bridge cranes with a safe working load exceeding 10 tonnes or designed to handle molten metal or Schedule 10 hazardous chemicals
- vehicle hoists
- mast climbing work platforms
- mobile cranes with a rated capacity exceeding 10 tonnes, other than tow-trucks.