Residential Liquor Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence to sell liquor from your accommodation premises. Accommodation includes motels, guest houses, caravan parks and other types of guest lodging.

Residential liquor licence holders are entitled to sell liquor at any time to:

  • a resident of the premises for consumption on or off the premises
  • a guest of a resident on the premises when the resident is present
  • a person eating a meal on the licensed premises
  • a person attending a reception, a function where food is provided, or seated at a table at the licensed premises.

There are two optional additions to this licence:

  • extension of trading area
  • consent to host prescribed entertainment at your venue.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to have persons within your business who hold a position of authority (director, manager, shareholder etc.) approved as part of your application.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.