You will need approval if you intend to provide residual education and care services for children. Residual services are services which are not covered by the National Quality Framework and are regulated under state law.
This approval authorises you to provide the following kinds of services:
- in-home care for children in their own homes, such as a babysitting or nanny service
- occasional care for four or more children in a place other than a child's home on an occasional basis (not all day care)
- rural care for seven children or fewer in a rural community
- mobile care for children younger than school age at multiple locations and with the transport of equipment and materials to those locations
- family day care delivered by a sole educator who cares for children in the educator's home.
Your provider approval will enable you to apply for one or more service approvals. A service approval authorises you (an approved provider) to operate an education and care service.
You will need a separate service approval for each education and care service you plan to operate.