You will need to comply with this code if you are a gambling provider. A gambling provider includes:
- an authorised interstate betting operator
- the casino licensee
- a gaming machine licensee
- a licensed bookmaker
- a licensed racing club
- the major betting operations licensee.
The code sets out a framework to ensure that gambling is conducted responsibly to minimise the harm caused by gambling. These requirements include:
- internal reporting processes for suspected problem gamblers
- voluntary and involuntary barring from gaming areas
- venue operations, including customer information and signage, young children on premises, cashing of cheques, inducements and loyalty programs, and staff training.