Restaurant and Catering Liquor Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence if you are a food provider and intend to sell liquor. Food providers include restaurants, cafes and catering businesses.

Restaurant and catering liquor licence holders are entitled to sell liquor to:

  • persons dining at the licensed premises consuming a meal provided by you
  • persons attending a function at which food is provided
  • persons seated at a table at the licensed premises
  • persons engaging in a cooking course held by you.

Providing meals must be the primary service provided by the business under this licence.

There are two optional additions to this licence:

  • extension of trading area
  • consent to host prescribed entertainment at your venue.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to have persons within your business who hold a position of authority (director, manager, shareholder etc.) approved as part of your application.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.