You will need this licence if you are a food provider and intend to sell liquor. Food providers include restaurants, cafes and catering businesses.
Restaurant and catering liquor licence holders are entitled to sell liquor to:
- persons dining at the licensed premises consuming a meal provided by you
- persons attending a function at which food is provided
- persons seated at a table at the licensed premises
- persons engaging in a cooking course held by you.
Providing meals must be the primary service provided by the business under this licence.
There are two optional additions to this licence:
- extension of trading area
- consent to host prescribed entertainment at your venue.