To be eligible for this accreditation, you will need to:
- be a suitable person to hold such accreditation
- hold an aquaculture or fishery licence authorising the farming or taking of bivalve molluscs
- only source product from classified and monitored waters
- have an approved food safety program
- have the food safety program audited as required
- comply with the seafood food safety standards, including standards relating to contamination, handling, storage, transportation, premises and equipment.
You will also need to hold an aquaculture or fishery licence to authorise the farming or taking of bivalve molluscs before you obtain accreditation to harvest or grow bivalve molluscs for human consumption.