You will need this licence if you intend to buy, sell or offer for sale four or more second-hand vehicles in 12 months.
There are two licence types:
- an unrestricted licence allows you to buy and sell motor vehicles and motorcycles
- a restricted licence allows you to buy and sell motorcycles only.
You may apply as a:
- sole trader
- individual manager only (employed by a licensed dealer)
- partnership, in which case each partner must have a separate licence
- company, in which case the company and the manager must have separate licences
- motor wrecker or crash repairer, even if you are only selling vehicles that cannot be driven.