You will need this licence if you intend to sell, supply, or permit the consumption of liquor:
- at an event which you will receive commercial or financial benefit from
- on a licensed premises, whether or not you will receive a commercial or financial benefit.
Events are placed into one of three classes depending on the nature of the event and how you intend to trade. Classes determine:
- the duration of the licence
- hours of trade permitted under the licence
- number of attendees permitted at the event under the licence
- entertainment permitted at the event under the licence
- qualifications and duties of persons involved in the sale or supply of liquor under the licence.
You do not require this licence to hold an event on private premises at which you will supply liquor but not receive a commercial or financial benefit.
This is a temporary licence only. You may apply for a short term (five year) licence if you intend to hold regular events.
Please contact the agency for more information.