You will need to comply with these standards if you conduct a business which hires apprentices or trainees.
There are 14 standards which must be complied with, these are:
- declaration of trades and vocations
- employer registration
- prohibited employers
- host employment arrangements
- training plan and nominated training organisations
- training contract approval
- training contract conditions
- transfer of training contracts and substitute employer
- training contract suspension
- training contract completion
- complaint handling, mediation and advocacy
- recognition of other qualification and experience in trades and declared vocations
- record keeping.