Permit to Sell Goods in a Public Place - Northern Areas Council - South Australia


You will need this permit to sell or offer goods for sale in a public place. A public place is any road or land owned or controlled by your local council. Activities that can be conducted under this permit include:

  • displaying goods in a public place
  • establishing a kiosk or stall
  • establishing a mobile food business.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You may need to hold a public liability insurance policy, typically with $20 million cover.

Please contact the council for more information.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $150.00

Commercial street vendors - per day (maximum fee of $200.00 per month / $2000.00 per year). Fees for 2023-24

Apply Application All $40.00

Ice cream / food vending vehicles (mobile) - per day (maximum fee of $200.00 per month / $2000.00 per year). Fees for 2023-24

Administering agency

Northern Areas Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.