Transport of Explosives by Road Licence - South Australia


This licence is required for the transport by road of explosives. It is not required for the carriage of Classes 1.3 G, 1.4G or 1.4S explosives (e.g. party poppers, Christmas crackers or safety fuse). A licence may be granted only to the owner of the vehicle in which explosives are to be carried, and shall be valid only for the owner to whom it is issued, for the vehicle specified and for the quantity of explosive stated.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


12 months


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $41.25

Up to 60kg

Apply Application All $65.50

Up to 265kg

Apply Application All $71.50

Up to 1000kg

Apply Application All $208.00

over 1000kg


This licence is not transferable.

Additional information

Holds a current permit to purchase explosives or in the case of fireworks being stored, a pyrotechnician's licence.

In the case of a company, proof of the company name is a legal entity. A certificate of incorporation must accompany the application form.

Administering agency

SafeWork SA

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Administration Officer

SafeWork SA

Operating address: Level 4
33 Richmond Road
Keswick, South Australia 5035
Mailing address: GPO BOX 465
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 08 8226 4885
Phone: 1300 365 255
Fax: 08 8226 4999
Website: SafeWork SA (Opens in new window)