You will require a Working with Children Check if you work or volunteer in South Australia in a role which involves contact with children. A Working with Children Check is an assessment of whether you pose an unacceptable risk to children and whether you are, or are not, prohibited from working with children.
You will be authorised to undertake child-related work in South Australia if you receive clearance from a Working with Children Check. Child-related work includes:
- childcare or child-minding services
- education, tuition or coaching services for children
- clubs and associations involving children
- accommodation or residential services for children
- commercial services provided directly to children (such as photography, entertainment services or performances, and competitions)
- transport services for children
- disability services for children
- health services for children
- justice and detention services for children
- emergency services.
You will not be authorised to undertake child-related work in South Australia, and will be guilty of an offence if you do undertake child-related work, if you are prohibited from working with children.
Please contact the agency for more information.