If you intend to be involved in the primary production of seafood you may require this accreditation. The primary production of seafood includes the following activities undertaken to supply seafood to a food or seafood business:
- the growing, cultivating, picking, harvesting, collecting or catching of seafood
- the growing on of seafood
- the transportation or delivery of seafood
- the holding of live seafood
- seafood processing.
Accredited seafood producers will be required to comply with the Seafood Food Safety Scheme as prescribed by regulation. The Scheme requires accredited seafood producers (e.g. those dealing with cockles, clams, mussels, oysters, pipis, scallops or acting as abalone harvesters, farmers, transporters or processors) to:
- comply with relevant standards
- hold an accreditation in order to carry on a business involving the production or processing of seafood
- prepare and implement an approved food safety program which is audited at least once a year.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.