You will be required to comply with these guidelines if you intend to graze sheep.
This standard sets out the minimum requirements for the welfare of sheep under extensive production (grazing) conditions. It is intended as a guide to be followed by those who handle and manage sheep.
The basic requirements for the welfare of grazing sheep include but are not limited to:
- an adequate level of nutrition to sustain health and well-being at all times
- access to sufficient water of suitable quality to meet physiological needs
- protection from predation
- protection from unnecessary pain and injury
- protection from and treatment of diseases, particularly those that are exacerbated by domestication and management.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.