You will need approval if you intend to manage a crematorium or carry out a regulated business. Regulated businesses carry out:
- the handling, storage or transport of human remains
- the preparation of human remains for interment or cremation.
Regulated businesses can be crematoria and ambulances but do not include business that is carried on:
- in accordance with anatomical examinations law
- in connection with a hospital or nursing home
- incidental to the donation of human remains.
The equipment and apparatus used in the course of carrying out a regulated business must be compliant with all relevant legislation.