To be eligible for this approval, you must:
- produce your firearms licence and identification totalling 100 points with your application
- include address details of the locations involved
- hold appropriate current professional indemnity insurance.
For a pistol or shooting club you must provide the following information:
- type of club (either a pistol or rifle club)
- club name and address
- a copy of the club constitution and rules
- details of the categories of firearm to be used
- the premises where the club carries on its activities
- your position within the club.
For a shooting gallery the following information is required:
- name of the shooting gallery
- the reason for the shooting gallery
- the categories of firearms used at the gallery.
The shooting gallery must also pass inspection as to its situation, construction, suitability and equipment including the firearms used, which must be safe and appropriate for the purpose of the gallery.
For a range you must provide the:
- type of range
- name of the range
- categories of firearms to be used at the range
- range location and address.
All ranges must be inspected prior to approval. You must sign a declaration and pay an application fee for each approval.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.