You will require this approval if you intend to do any of the following:
- erect or construct a headstone or monument
- plant, cut, pick, gather, take or injure a tree, flower, shrub or plant
- alter, remove or interfere with any grave or structure
- hunt, catch or chase any bird or other animal or destroy or damage any bird's nest or bird's eggs.
This approval relates to but is not limited to:
- temporary memorial: a wooden cross as a temporary memorial for a period not exceeding two years from the date of burial
- headstone: the maximum allowable dimensions in a limited monumental lawn cemetery are 1220mm wide, 760mm high and 150mm deep
- joint monuments: this is permissible for side by side graves, if it meets the height and depth dimensions of the single headstone
- a tree, shrub or plant
- a plaque or vase
- a written inscription on a headstone or monument
- a fence around a grave, or land reserved for a private grave.
No plant, equipment, or surplus materials may be placed on any adjoining grave or ground without the authorisation of the Manager.