You will need this licence if you intend to act as an asbestos assessor. The licence is needed to carry out air monitoring, clearance inspections or issuing clearance certificates for class A asbestos removal work.
Class A asbestos removal work includes the removal of friable asbestos, non-friable asbestos and asbestos-contaminated dust.
Friable asbestos are materials containing asbestos:
- that can break down into power by hand when dry
- are more likely to release measurable levels of asbestos into the environment when disturbed
- generally pose a greater risk to health.
Non-friable asbestos are materials containing asbestos:
- that is firmly bonded into the material
- are unlikely to release measurable levels of asbestos into the environment if left undisturbed
- generally pose a lower risk to health.