Authorisation to Undertake Activities in National Parks, Reserve Land and Other Crown Land - Tasmania


You will need an authorisation if you intend to undertake certain activities in National Parks, reserve land and other Crown land. This includes commercial activities.

Activities that may need an authorisation include the following:

  • interfering with any materials, formations or buildings
  • interfering with fauna
  • interfering with or removing items
  • lighting fires
  • taking an animal into a national park or reserve
  • using a metal detector or chainsaw
  • using a vehicle or an aircraft
  • operating a drone.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Crown Lands Act 1976 Tasmania

National Parks and Reserves Management Act 2002 Tasmania

Regulation(s) name

Crown Lands Regulations 2021 Tasmania

National Parks and Reserves Management Regulations 2019 Tasmania

Administering agency

Department of Natural Resources and Environment

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.