The Tasmanian Government is committed to supporting small businesses and offers a range of services through the Department of State Growth, including the Business Tasmanian service.
Business Tasmania helps Tasmanians to start, run and growth their business by offering personalised assistance, information and access to a range of services and programs from the Department of State Growth and other government agencies. The Business Tasmania team make it easier for the community to talk to government and access available support.
The Business Tasmania service includes (but is not limited to):
- providing answers to business-related queries quickly, simply and clearly
- information about funding opportunities offered by government
- a dedicated calendar of business events in Tasmania, from workshops to networking opportunities
- contemporary online tools, templates and checklists on www.business.tas.gov.au
- referrals to Enterprise Centres Tasmania business advisors for free business advice and support
- access to free digital coaching to help strengthen your online presence.
To stay up to date with news, current events impacting Tasmanian businesses, and information about new programs, you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter at www.business.tas.gov.au/newsletter. You can also find daily updates on Facebook @BusinessTasmania and Twitter @BusinessTas.
Business Tasmania's opening hours are 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday. They can be contacted on 1800 440 026 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.