You will require this licence if you intend to operate a child care facility or service that only operates occasionally and with a small number of children. Occasionally means once or twice a week.
There are three types of licences that you can be granted:
- approved registration body licence
- centre-based child care licence
- home-based child care licence.
Approved registration body licences authorise the person to perform the following:
- arrange, organise or coordinate the placement of a potential child carer with a child within the child's primary residence
- arrange, organise or coordinate meetings between a potential child carer and the parent of a child in the child's primary residence
- approve and register child carers.
Centre-based child care licences authorise the person to operate a child care centre on a premises specified in the licence. Home-based child care licences authorise the person to operate or provide child care in a place of primary residence, as specified in the licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.