You will need this licence if you intend to provide child care services. There are three types of licences:
- approved registration body licences
- centre based child care licences
- home based child care licences.
Approved registration body licences authorise you to:
- arrange, organise or coordinate care for a child within the child's primary home
- organise meetings between a child carer and the parent of a child in the child's primary home
- approve and register child carers.
Centre based child care licences authorise you to operate a child care centre. There are two classes of this licence:
- Class 4 - Class 4 licence holders provide short term care to children in conjunction with a meeting, function or other activity that involves the parents of the children or other persons responsible for the child / children.
- Class 5 - Class 5 licence holders provide occasional care to children for periods of time less than 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 48 weeks a year.
Home based child care licences authorise you to operate or provide child care in your place of primary residence.