You will need to comply with this code if you intend to work in confined spaces. Confined spaces are an enclosed space that is not designed or intended to be occupied by a person and could pose a risk to health and safety from:
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants
The code provides practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with work carried out in a confined space and outlines how to achieve the required standards. The code applies to all workplaces where confined spaces work is carried out and anyone involved in these activities and covers topics including:
- duties of designers, manufacturers, importers, suppliers, installers and constructors
- specific control measures such as entry / exit procedures and emergency procedures.