You will require this approval, prior to registration, if you intend to create, amend, consolidate or cancel a community development scheme. This is part of a two-step approval process for community development schemes, specifically:
- you must obtain a certificate of approval in principle from the relevant Council
- you must lodge your community development scheme with the relevant State Government Agency.
The approval in principle of a community development scheme enables the future registration of a community development scheme for the specified property. A community development scheme is a development involving two or more of the following:
- a strata scheme
- a sealed plan (e.g. subdivisions)
- some other form of land division
- the establishment of a retirement village
- a marina or water-based development.
Any common property created as part of this scheme is managed by a body corporate. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.