You will require this permit if you intend to perform demolition work on a premises. The owner of premises, or a person authorised in writing by the owner of
premises, must apply for a demolition permit to perform permit demolition
work, or a stage of permitted demolition work, on the specified premises. This permit is required for demolition work that is considered to be high risk, such as work on a multi-storey commercial building.
An application must:
- Be made to the relevant permit authority; and
- Include, or be accompanied by, such information and documentation as is determined by the Director of Building Control.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A certificate of likely compliance (permit demolition work) that is in
force in respect of the proposed permit building work;
- The building administration fee payable in respect of the proposed permit demolition work; and
- Any other fee payable in respect of the application.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.