To be eligible to apply for this licence, you must be you must be 18 years or over, have a genuine reason for wanting a firearm and have a need for a particular type of firearm. You are deemed to have a genuine reason if you are either:
- a member of a sport or target shooting club
- undertaking recreational hunting or vermin control
- primary producer
- undertaking animal population control
- involved in animal welfare
- involved in a business or employment as a firearms dealer, security agent or security guard
- operating a paintball business
- involved in firearms collection
- showing or exhibiting firearms.
Applying for a firearms licence for personal protection, the protection of family or property protection is not deemed to be a genuine reason.
To apply for a licence, you will need to complete the application form, pay applicable fees, and produce evidence to support your genuine reason, for example, membership card and personal identification.
It is a condition of this licence that the licence holder is familiar, and willing to comply with, all relevant current State and Commonwealth legislation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.