You will require this licence if you intend to fish commercially for mackerel. There are two categories of licence: Category A (a quota is specified in the licence conditions) and Category B (no quota). This licence will allow you to fish for:
- Trachurus declivis (commonly known as jack mackerel)
- Trachurus murphyi (commonly known as Peruvian jack mackerel)
- Trachurus novaezelandiae (commonly known as yellowtail mackerel)
- Emmelichthys nitidus (commonly known as redbait)
- Scomber australasicus (commonly known as blue mackerel).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.