You will need to comply with this code if you are involved in entering into contracts for services within the forestry industry.
This code applies to the following forestry operations:
- planting trees for commercial production
- managing trees planted for commercial timber production (limited to various silviculture activities)
- harvesting trees for timber production
- transporting timber that has been harvested for commercial purposes
- land clearing associated with a forestry operation
- road construction and quarrying associated with a forestry operation.
The code contains general provisions relating to definitions, the term and renewal of a Forestry Contract, the relationship of the parties, and the obligations of both the Contractor and the Principal. The code also provides agreed processes for dispute and grievance resolution.