When applying for this licence, you must do the following:
- apply with the approved form
- pay any required fees
- specify the class of licence that you are applying for
- if you are applying for a private hospital licence, specify the number of patients that can be accommodated overnight
- if you are applying for a day-procedure centre, specify the number of rooms that will be provided
- if you are applying for a residential care service, specify the number of residents that will be accommodated
- provide any additional information required by the Secretary.
You may be granted an approval in principle for the maximum period of 1 year. Approval in principle is granted if there are conditions requiring the design and construction of any building on the premises. An approval in principle can be extended. Following the conditions being met, a full licence can be granted.
You will require a director of nursing if you intend to operate a private hospital or day-procedure centre. A director of nursing is responsible for the care of the patients in the premises and must be a registered nurse with the appropriate level of experience.
A registered nurse must be on the premises at all times, unless exempted by the Secretary.
You must take out and maintain an approval policy of insurance with the minimum amount of cover of $20 million for each event.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.