You will need this licence if you intend to cultivate or grow industrial hemp or buy and sell industrial hemp seed for any of the following purposes:
- commercial production
- use in any manufacturing process
- food production
- scientific research, instruction, analysis or study
- any other purpose approved by the Authority.
Industrial hemp is defined as any plant of the genus Cannabis that has been grown from certified hemp seed and has a concentration of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in the leaves and heads of not more than 1%. Industrial hemp also includes the seed of any such plant and any product derived from any such plant.
Certified hemp seed means seed that:
- has been tested in accordance with a quality assurance program approved by the Authority
- will, or is likely to, produce cannabis plants with a THC concentration in the leaves and flowering heads of not more than 0.5%.