Itinerant Trader Permit - Tasmania


You will require this permit if you intend to buy or sell goods or services from a temporary location. This includes undertaking door-to-door sales and buying or selling goods or services from place to place or from a vehicle.

Note: If you intend to sell foodstuffs you will also need to apply to your local council for Temporary Food Business Registration. For further details please consult with your Council in the first instance.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • apply in the approved form
  • submit any specified documents
  • pay the required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 Tasmania

Administering agency

Your local council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.