You will need this licence if you intend to:
- operate, use or manage a place as a place of assembly
- conduct any entertainment at a place of assembly
- lease or offer for lease a place as a place of assembly.
A place of assembly is an outdoor place or area and includes:
- places used for entertaining members of the public
- places used for social and recreational purposes
- any school or other place or area used for community or public purposes.
This licence is generally required for specific mass outdoor public events where 1000 people or more will be present for two or more hours. Public events may include any:
- food festival
- sports event
- publicly advertised lecture.
Please note that as the holder of this licence, you must use the place in accordance with any condition of the licence, any relevant guidelines and in a manner that does not pose a threat to public health. If you intend to sell alcohol or food at an event, you must also obtain the relevant food and liquor licences.