You will require this licence if you intend to provide alcohol to the public, but the provision of alcohol is not considered to be the principal purpose of your business. This licence will authorise the sale of alcohol:
- between specific times
- on specific premises.
Examples of businesses that may provide alcohol through a special licence are:
- restaurant licences provide for the sale and consumption of alcohol only with meals
- theatre licences provide for the sale of alcohol to theatre goers only
- conveyance licences provide for the sale of alcohol to passengers only
- wholesaler licences provide for the sale of alcohol to other liquor licence holders
- accommodation licences provide for the sale of alcohol to guests
- tourist Attraction licences provides for the sale of alcohol to persons attending the attraction and / or paying an entrance fee.
If you intend to allow patrons to bring their own alcohol (BYO), please consult your local Council for compliance issues.
You will also need this approval if you intend to start a business that sells alcohol online via a website.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.