You may be required to comply with this code if you intend to conduct a business or undertaking involving the management or control of electrical equipment, including electrical installations, or the carrying out of electrical work on or near energised electrical equipment, including electrical installations.
The code also applies to some construction and demolition sites. Further information on compliance requirements can be found in AS / NZS 3012:2010 Electrical Installations - Construction and Demolition Sites, and in the Construction Work Code of Practice.
The code does not apply to:
- electrical work on extra-low voltage electrical equipment, including extra-low voltage electrical installations
- electrical work on high voltage equipment after switching, isolation, short circuiting and earthing
- the manufacture of electrical equipment
- automotive electrical work
- work that is not electrical work carried out on telephone, communication and data systems
- work carried out by or on behalf of an electricity supply authority on the electrical equipment controlled or operated by the authority
- he repair of consumer electrical equipment when unplugged from any electrical socket outlet.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.