You will need to comply with this code if you intend to carry on a business or undertaking which involves exposure to noise that may contribute to hearing loss.
The code provides practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with noise and outlines how to achieve the required standards. This code applies to all workplaces where noise is a hazard and covers topics including:
- noise and its effect on health and safety
- risk management process for noise
- causes of hearing loss in the workplace
- the role of designers, manufacturers, importers and others
- engineering control methods.