You will need to comply with this code if you intend to conduct a business or undertaking involving the use of hazardous chemicals. Hazardous chemicals are substances, mixtures and articles that can pose a significant risk to health and safety if not managed correctly and include carcinogens, flammable liquids, toxic chemicals and explosives.
This code provides practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with hazardous chemicals and how to achieve the required standards. This code applies to all workplaces where hazardous chemicals are used and anyone involved in these activities and covers topics including:
- prohibited and restricted hazardous chemicals
- exposure standards
- preparing a register and manifest of hazardous chemicals
- identifying hazardous chemicals
- risk management processes and controlling risks
- health monitoring and emergency preparedness.