You may need to comply with these rules to supply or distribute energy (electricity and natural gas).
The National Energy Retail Rules (NERR) cover topics that include:
- customer retail contracts and customer hardship
- relationships between distributions and customers
- relationships between distributors and retailers-rail support obligations
- de-energisation (or disconnection) of premises-small customers
- life support equipment
- prepayment meter systems
- exempt selling regime
- retail market performance reports
- customer retail contracts-electricity consumption benchmarks
- model terms and conditions for standard retail contracts
- model terms and conditions for deemed standard connection contracts.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.