You will require this permit if you intend to occupy either a:
- new building
- building in which building work is being, or has been, carried out
- building where the new use of the building would need to satisfy different requirements than the previous use under the National Construction Code
- building where the classification of the building has changed under the National Construction Code
- building that is a special-use building, where the special use has changed in a material way.
The building surveyor may take into account the following information when issuing a permit:
- any reports which has been provided in respect to the application, if required by regulation, from a reporting authority
- documentation provided with the application
- the building's suitability for occupation for its intended use
- provisions made for smoke alarms, sanitation and water supply within the building
- any prescribed documents or matters.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.